Saturday, November 29, 2008

Playmobil Hobo

I went to Target and got this Playmobil nativity scene for Christmas. Complete with three wise men, an angel, Mary, Joseph and tiny baby Jesus in a manger. Suzanne thinks the set is really cheesy and looks like a toy. Duh.

I think its cool, especially Melchior's cufflinks and cape. I am not sure who the hobo* guy on the left is, next to Joseph.

After Christmas I am going to put it away with the rest of the decorations, or Jack will incorporate the three wise men into the Castle Guard and his other Playmobil sets. Frankincense will probably be effective.

____
* Suzanne informs me the 'hobo' is a shepherd. I say if he was a shepherd, where's his staff? And why is he carrying a hobo bag? He's a hobo. The only thing that makes him shepherd-like is his proximity to sheep. But if I, you know, moved him over away from the sheep...he's totally a hobo.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

The hobo guy is a shepherd, duh.

Carolyn said...

I'm confused - is this a toy or a decoration? For example, would you use it to sing "Red Red Wine"?

On the hobo issue - maybe they ran out of shepherds and borrowed some guys from the hobo set?

Carolyn said...

More questions - who's the kid with the backpack and why are the camels carrying lunch boxes?

Rich said...

The 'kid with the backpack' is AN ANGEL OF THE LORD!!! Only for some reason she has a magic wand. Do angels get magic wands?

This set has more questions than answers.