Thursday, September 13, 2007

Big Boy Bed

We finally bought Jack a regular person bed. Its a twin. We need to get him out of the crib because we're going to let his sister use it, and we don't want him to get jealous that she's sleeping in 'his bed.' So tonight we had the bed delivered, attached it to his new headboard, and put his new sheets on it. I lay down on it and thought 1. I might break it and 2. Did I really sleep in one this size up until I was 18?At first we weren't sure whether he would like it or not, and were kind of scared he might fall out of it - its much farther from the ground than his converted crib was.

When it was time for bedtime, there was the usual fuss. He got up, like he always does, and opened the door and came to let us know he wasn't ready to be in bed. I scooped him up and put him back into bed. He has real sheets now, so I tucked him in and sat on the side of the bed and sang his favorite bedtime song. He fell almost immediately to sleep.

We went in later to check on him, and he looked pretty small in the big new bed.

He's growing up - slowly - and there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop it. I think this is the first official non-baby thing he has done. Got kind of sad about it. But now the new nursery room has a crib, changing table, is painted light green, and is looking like another baby's room. Got kind of happy about it.

Anyway, there are a few new videos up on YouTube. More fun at the water park, and Jack's adventures with Suzanne's hand lotion.

No comments: