Sunday, September 16, 2007

Myrtle Beach


Day one at the beach was a huge success. Jack loves the beach - the sand and the water. We jumped over the waves coming in, but he was definitely not interested in the water as much as the sand. Here he is with his cousin Sarah. Sharon and Paul are here also for the week from West Virginia. Stayed out for a few hours on the beach, then went in the pool for a few minutes. Jack felt nap time was optional even though mom and dad wanted one.

This is shaping up to be a great vacation for all of us. This afternoon my father- and brother-in-law went to a local sportsbar for Sunday football. The Cardinals won, the Cowboys won (made Daniel happy), and we came home and the Patriots and Red Sox are currently winning.

I have a caffeine-withdrawal headache. No Starbucks, and no sodas since I've been here. Until about 30 minutes ago when I broke down and had one to make the headache pass. Until I just heard Joe Morgan ask (rhetorically) how oh how did the Yankees get Roger Clemens to come out of retirement?

No comments: