Yesterday was the opening day of the fall mom's Bible study classes at our church, Scottsdale Bible Church. I have been going to these classes since Jack was 3 months old, Tuesday mornings from 9 to 11:30. This semester we are doing the book "She's Gonna Blow." More on that later. Nursery is provided for the kids. The very first day, back in January of '06, I could not bring myself to part with Jack, so I brought him into class with me and held him while he squirmed and cried. A lady came up to me and said "you have to trust." I think what she meant is "you have to get that noisy kid out of here." So from that day forward, I started "trusting" the workers with my baby boy. That is, until they no longer trusted him! During the next semester of class, when Jack was around 1 year old, he started a new habit...biting. I have come to realize after many, many bites, that Jack is smarter than I give him credit for. He doesn't like overcrowded, chaotic places (like the nursery) and a sure-fire way to get out immediately is to simply walk over to an unsuspecting child and bite down, hard. Mommy is always called, we quickly leave, and go do something more fun!
Anyway, after being kicked out of the nursery for a few months (not to mention the gym, some people's houses, and other play areas), we are back! Thankfully Jack was a perfect angel yesterday. In fact, the teacher said he "has a wonderful personality!" Hopefully his shady past is behind him now.
1 comment:
yay! a post by suzanne! that book looks good! you'll have to let me know....
Post a Comment