Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Back from Vacay & Hair Cut

Back from vacation, and we needed a hair cut to start the fall off right! Supercuts never lets a brother down. Plus the "Baby 'Fro" look is so 2006.

The plane ride to and from SC was pretty uneventful. People are generally pretty patient with Jack, much more patient than I remember being when I travelled before I had kids. I wonder if those Bose noise-cancelling headphones work on tired baby.

Anyway, we brought our laptop on vacation: one, so i could get my office email and not get blindsided with crises on Monday when I returned. Two, so we could show Jack movies on the plane to keep him amused. This was a good plan, he really liked watching Cars and all his favorites. Once he knew he could watch any movie we had - about 8 - he kept ordering me to change it. 15 minutes of Cars, then over to Caillou, then back to Cars, then some Thomas the Train, etc. The only problem is that airline seats get like 1/10th of an inch smaller every month, so it is now about a month away from impossible to use a laptop on an airplane anymore. The guy in front of me reclined the seat and nearly broke the screen off.

Anyway, fun vacation. Special thanks to in-laws for the patience with 7am wakeup 'calls.' If you are ever in Myrtle Beach, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Carolina Opry for all the unintentional comedy that you can handle.

No comments: